MoBBallet Seeks Grant Writer
MoBBallet is seeking a seasoned grant writer with an extensive knowledge of the landscape of the field, with the ability to think outside of the box and is interested in helping us grow and growing with us on a project basis. This is a part-time project based position offering up to 40 hours a month. MoBBallet is in a period of expansion and looking to build a development team. This is a perfect position for someone who enjoys working with autonomy, or is interested in carving out and designing a space themselves.
MoBBallet is a 6 year old startup that has earned the respect of the international dance world. As a young but rapidly expanding organization, MoBBallet is a place where vision, ingenuity and reimagining systems are foundational tenants. It is an organization where one can design their own role. Founded by journalist and former ballerina Theresa Ruth Howard, Memoirs of Blacks in Ballet (MoBBallet) is a fiscally sponsored organization that preserves, presents and promotes the contributions of Blacks in ballet. The digital platform includes an archive of historical information (a timeline and dancer biographies), digital installations, and learning tools. MoBBallet is a leader in the advocacy for diversity in ballet and regularly consults with ballet leadership internationally. MoBBallet is a leader in the area of inclusion diversity equity and inclusion and consults with arts organizations around the globe, specializing in creating safe spaces where organizations and their leadership can engage in authentic dialogue, receive education, and strategize ways to create sustainable change. Learn more about MoBBallet here:https://mobballet.org/
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Will work closely with MoBBallet founder
- Grant prospecting and research
- Develops and prepares proposals and budgets by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal and reporting deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and
- different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
$30-40 an hour (commensurate with experience).
Grant Writer Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to synthesis information and concepts
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to develop and manage detailed work plans
- Highly motivated and hard-working, and should demonstrate superb (written and oral) communication and analytical skills, meticulous attention to detail, a growth mindset, and a willingness and anInterest in learning and developing in the role
- A desire to work collaboratively
- A passion for the arts and education
- Strategic and nuanced thinking
- Strategic planning
- Market knowledge
- Problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Technical documentation
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
Minimum of 3-5 year experience in grant writing, prospect research, general fundraising or a minimum of 2 years comparable and transferable skills acquired in a professional setting
Please send CV, Resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org , subject line: “Grant Writer Application”